Monday, May 17, 2010

Drawing #3



This drawing was for our Emulation project. I chose the artist Adrià Fruiós, a Spanish illustrator whose work I enjoy. This was a challenge for me because my pieces this semester have all been realistic up to this point. However, I enjoyed drawing in a cartoon style and for my medium I just used colored pencil. I first started off drawing in Sharpie on an illustration board, but after getting done with the linework I didn't like the piece, and I noticed that he doesn't use thick outlines in his work at all. I started the new piece (above) after that. If I could re-do it, I would make a different color choice.



This was one of his pieces I used to look at. His work is a little different in that he uses acrylic paint, and works much larger scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment